Friday, October 24, 2008

My Struggles.....cont

The more confident years.
My stuttering improved slowly so that when I was in my senior secondary school years I could carry out conversation normally most of the time. By this time it was not fear of people that caused me to stutter, but occasionally would falter due to excitement. For example, I would feel very excited if I had to prove a point that I considered very important in a conversation or when I tried to tell a joke. It was only years later that I learned the value of taking slow and deep breaths to calm down my excitement in speaking.

Conclusion.
Today, I consider myself much improved to near normal in my speech. Occasionally, I would still trip in my conversation but I also quickly recover. I am very happy for having gone through and recover much from the handicap of speech impediment to an almost normal person.

No comments: